The inspiration for this dish is a lovely East London Lebanese restaurant which used to be a regular choice of mine for a Friday night takeaway. They serve all kinds of charcoal-grilled marinated meats with rice, bread, and a delicious fresh salad made of tomatoes, red onion, and heaps of fresh parsley leaves. Unfortunately not too many of the restaurant dishes are keto-friendly, so I’ve tried to recreate some of the flavours at home with this simplified lamb dish, swapping out the carb-heavy sides for a portion of cauliflower couscous.
Keto Lamb Cutlets with Cauliflower Couscous and Tomato Salad
A refreshing tomato and parsley salad brings a lebanese twist to these marinated lamb cutlets
- 6 Lamb cutlets
- Herbs of choice for marinating: e.g. rosemary, garlic salt
- 1/4 red onion
- Approx 20 cherry tomatoes
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1/4 large cauliflower, blitzed into couscous size pieces
- Tip the lamb cutlets into a ziploc plastic bag along with a generous helping of dried herbs. I like to use rosemary and garlic salt. Tip in a glug of olive oil and leave to marinade for at least 1hr, longer if you can.
- Prepare the salad by chopping the parsley leaves, cherry tomatoes and red onion. Leave in a bowl for the flavours to combine.
- Microwave the cauliflower couscous for around 6 minutes to soften, adding a pinch of turmeric for a lovely yellow colour.
- Cook the lamb cutlets in a hot griddle pan for 4 minutes on each side. Assemble on a plate with the salad and enjoy!