The nights are getting colder and I’m feeling the need for some comforting, rich oven baked dinners, preferably ones which are relatively straightforward to put together and could last a few days in the fridge for another meal.
This simple dish has all the hearty warmth of a homemade cottage pie, with none of the carby ingredients! Tastes even better when reheated!
This warming dish is perfect for winter evenings.
- 500g minced beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 beef stock cube or stock pot
- approx 100g grated cheddar
- Fry off the beef mince and chopped onion for a few minutes. Add the stock cube and enough water to form a rich sauce. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, par-boil the cauliflower florets for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the drained cauliflower and beef mixture in an ovenproof pan. Cover generously with grated cheese and bake at Gas mark 4 (350F / 180C) for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of salad or green vegetables!
Leave a Reply