I’ve been trying to get more organised by making up two or three of my work packed lunches in advance at the weekend. This week I tried out a savoury broccoli cake, which is essentially a frittata with almond flour added into the mixture. This gives the loaf a really nice cake-like texture which I find more enjoyable to eat cold than your normal eggy frittata.
I made my loaf cake up into a packed lunch with spinach leaves, olives and stuffed peppers.
A savoury broccoli cake perfect for packed lunches.
- 200g Broccoli florets
- 4 eggs
- 200g grated cheese (I used a mixture of Cheddar and Red Leicester)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Soften the broccoli florets and onion by gently heating in a pan for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cheese, garam masala, almond flour and baking powder. Add in the part cooked broccoli and onion, and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into a baking tin and press down. Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 30minutes until golden on top.
- When cool, slice into thick pieces and serve with salad. Great for a packed lunch!